"Functional Analysis of Reliability of Equipment" (PTK FANAT).
Automatic construction of the tree of failures and the tree of functions.
JSC Programmprom continues to expand its product line and offers its new development:
Software-Technological Complex "Functional Analysis of Reliability of Equipment" (PTK FANAT).
CERTIFICATE of State registration of computer program no. 2012618522.
The following is a
PRESENTATION of the Software-Technological Complex "Functional Analysis of Reliability of Equipment" (PTK FANAT).
Go to the next slide by the left mouse button.
Design goals of PTK FANAT: Analysis and risk assessment of functioning of complex technical systems on the basis of full, unambiguous and objective list (set) of possible types of disruption of their operation.
The tasks considered:
- The evaluation of compliance with the requirements for safe functioning with formation of the necessary conclusive documentation.
- Analysis, monitoring and risk management when the functioning of the objects is disturbed.
- Assessment of the necessary and sufficient expenses for maintaining appropriate level of safety of functioning of the objects.
Method of solution: The unique technology (patent of Russian Federation, the international application), which provides automated determination of the full set of possible disruptions of functioning of technical system of arbitrary complexity with operators.
Stages of development (version no., year, basic functions):
- Version 1.0, 2004. Single user version that implements cast technology and is based on the following main stages:
- Forming a model of the structure of the object.
- Forming the models of disturbed functioning of elements of the structure of the object.
- Forming a model of disturbed functioning of the object.
- Criticality analysis of disturbances of functioning of the object on the basis of generated model of disturbed functioning.
- Formation of reports.
- Version 2.0, 2006. Local area network version with the server that contains DB of models of elements and DB that describes the properties of the analyzed product (for example, the aircraft of particular type).
- Versions 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2008. Further automation of the user technology of performing safety assessment of the object’s functioning. Development of DB of models of elements. Upgrading the user technologies.
- Version 2.4, 2010. Integration of functions of automatic construction of the trees of failures and the trees of functions.
- Version 2.5, 2013. Version focused on the formation of documents FHA, PSSA, SSA.
- Version 2.8, 2013. Operational risk assessment based on reliability and safety model.
- Version 3.0, 2014. The ALP Module (Logistics Support Analysis).
Release 2.5 Presentation took place in April 11, 2013 in the educational center of JSC Programmprom. The Presentation aroused great interest among specialists dealing with the fail-safe feature of technical objects.
In 2012 JSC Programmprom received a PATENT ¹ 2447488 for the invention of "Method and system for
constructing a model of the disturbed functioning of the technical object and machine-readable medium".
Patented methods became the basis for the development of PTK FANAT.
Joint use of previously developed at JSC Programmprom software product RUSLAN,
the Integrated System of Service Data Collection (ISSDE), Automated System of Material and Technical Supplies (AS MTO)
and the newly-created PTK FANAT provides the ability to analyze the reliability indexes of aviation equipment
during all phases of the life cycle of aircraft and components.
Software product FANAT is a software-technological complex for analysis of
reliability and safety of functioning of the technical object (in our case, an aircraft).
The instrument of analysis of reliability and safety is the analysis of functional failures,
and the methodical basis is cast and completing the events.
Within the cast method the formalized definitions are given to a number of concepts and terms,
being used in the analysis. In this regard, the concepts and terms acquire strict nature, and, what is most important,
uniquely define the specific design of the aircraft system. During the analysis of functional failures by the cast method
the following problems are solved:
- The problem of completeness of the list of functional failures. Herewith the definition of the list
of functional failures ceases to be a kind of "art" and becomes an engineering method.
- The list of functional failures ceases to depend on the qualifications of the executive,
his views on the concept of "the system's function" and other individual skills.
- The cast method allows you to automate the process of defining the list of functional failures
of the system and their causes.
The method of completing the events allows you to:
- Formalize the assessment of severity of failures.
- Define the impact of different events (not just failures) on the severity of the failures.
- Develop a model of severity of each individual failure.
It should be noted that the purpose of providing the analysis of functional failures is to create
the Model of reliability and safety of the flight (MNiB) of aircraft.
MNiB describes the properties of reliability and safety of the flight, put into design of aircraft
during its development, and is used throughout the life cycle of aircraft to control and maintain operational
and consumer characteristics of aircraft in specific operating conditions.
MNiB takes into account all possible violations of operation of the components of aircraft systems and
describes the consequences of these violations from the position of flight safety, regularity of flights,
maintenance system, after-sales service and others. MNiB, based on the analysis of functional failures
of aircraft systems, fully meets these requirements. It should be noted that MNiB is required not only
to a certified aircraft. Each aircraft, covered by procedures for airworthiness, requirements for operational
efficiency and after-sales service, must have MNiB.
MNiB describes the link of characteristics of reliability and safety of the aircraft flight
with the following integrated parameters that characterize a particular type of aircraft in a particular aviation
and transport system:
- Constructive “face (appearance)” of aircraft.
- The maintenance system.
- The system of aircraft application (including the system of material and technical supplies - MTO).
- Aircraft operational documentation.
- The level control system of reliability and safety in flight operation.
- The system for maintaining airworthiness of aircraft.
MNiB of aircraft provides solution of the following tasks:
- Assessment of reliability and safety indexes of flight during the design process "in real-time",
i.e., at the same time with working out the design, appearance of options, modifications, etc.
- Programming research (calculations, simulations, testing) of the consequences of a possible violation
of the functioning of systems and units.
- Definition of the list of failures for the formulation of recommendations by the AEROPLANE FLIGHT MANUAL.
- Certification on fail-safe feature.
- Definition of valid methods for maintenance of the components.
- Definition of the types of works when maintaining the aircraft from a position of flight safety.
- Formation of the list of especially responsible units, parts and assemblies.
- Formation of the minimum equipment list (MMEL).
- Control from the positions of reliability and safety of flight, conditions of working-off
service resource and duration of serviceability during operation.
- Investigation of aviation incidents and accidents.
- Control of appearance design of aircraft and its systems and operational technical documentation
in the process of testing and operation.
- Evaluation of reliability and safety of flight during operation taking into account the age of
a separate aircraft and fleet of this type in general.
- Evaluation of effectiveness of operation of aircraft taking into account particularities
and specific conditions of the airline.
- Development of procedures to maintain airworthiness during operation.
- Ensuring postflight procedures services and integrated logistic support of data associated with
characteristics of reliability and safety of flight.
- Formation of dataware for procedures for airworthiness, postflight services and integrated logistic support.
Thus, MNiB is the basis for all works related to the properties of reliability and safety of flight
throughout the life cycle of aircraft.
THE SYSTEM OF FANAT
The System of FANAT (Functional Analysis of Reliability of Equipment) is a software product
of JSC Programmprom. The System operates in local area network (LAN) in Windows 2000 and above on the basis of
the DB ACCESS 2000 and above.
The assignment of the System
The System is assigned for automated formation of MNiB for an arbitrary technical object
(in this case an aircraft) and the formation of documents based on characteristics of reliability of components
and evaluation of possible effects of functional failures, which are necessary to determine compliance of the object
with the requirements for reliability and safety at all stages of its life cycle.
The functions of the System
The System covers all the stages of life cycle of aircraft: designing, testing, certification,
production, operation. The System solves the following tasks:
- Automated evaluation of characteristics of reliability and safety of flight, testability
and manufacturability of aircraft at all stages of its life cycle.
- Formation of the evidential documentation on fail-safe feature according to FAR, JAR, etc. norms
of airworthiness of aircraft.
- Definition of the list of failures for the formulation of recommendations by the AEROPLANE FLIGHT MANUAL.
- Formation of the minimum equipment List (MMEL) and its justification.
- Formation of the aircraft systems maintenance plan according to MSG-3.
- Definition of expenditures, necessary to achieve and maintain the required characteristics
of reliability and safety of flight, testability and manufacturability of aircraft at all stages
of its life cycle, identification of possible means and methods to reduce those expenditures within
integrated logistic support.
- Ensuring of interaction with automated systems of collection and processing of data on operational
- Control of dynamics of changing characteristics of reliability and safety of flight, testability
and manufacturability during the operation.
- Identification of the need for measures to maintain the required level of values of characteristics
of reliability and safety of flight, testability and manufacturability during the operation.
- Formation and replenishment of a database of characteristics of reliability and safety of flight
at the levels of unit – aircraft system – aircraft.
A unique feature of PTK FANAT is the ability of automatic construction of the tree of failures in graphical form
using specially designed software, embedded in PTK FANAT.
For analysis of the logistic support the automatic construction of logistic structure of the product function
The results of the work of the System
The results of the work of the system are the following data:
- A complete list of the functional failures of the object.
- For each component:
- the impact of each type of failure for flight safety (the degree of risk and probability), execution of the flight task,
readiness to fly;
- the possibility and the need to control each type of failure in flight and on the ground;
- necessary types of works in maintenance of the product (by MSG-3);
- At the stage of designing a model of reliability and safety of flight is being formed and this model is tracked
throughout the product life cycle.
- Throughout the life cycle is formed and is accompanied a database of logistical support of the product life cycle,
including for formation of electronic operational technical documentation. Such DB is necessary for functioning
of any system of integrated logistic support.
In 2008-2009 pilot operation of PTK FANAT was carried out at JSC "Moscow helicopter plant named
after M.L. MIL" and at JSC "ILYUSHIN UAC Company". In 2011 JSC Programmprom concluded a license agreement with
JSC "ILYUSHIN UAC Company ", that gave it the right to use PTK FANAT for analyzing functional failures when
developing new aircraft designs.
Within the pilot operation were carried out:
- analysis of functional failures on individual systems of aircraft;
- analysis on the choice of methods of technical operation and structure of maintenance works (MSG-3)
for one of the systems of aircraft;
- analysis on the formation of the minimum equipment list (MMEL) for one of the systems of aircraft.
In Technical reports on the results of pilot operation it was noted that:
- PTK FANAT makes it possible to carry out a complex analysis of the aircraft systems, including:
- Analysis of functional failures, including:
- formation of reliability model;
- analysis of failure modes;
- analysis of interaction;
- analysis of relationships.
- Analysis of testability.
- Analysis on the choice of methods of technical operation and structure of maintenance works (MSG-3).
- Analysis of certification maintenance requirements (CMR).
- Analysis on the formation of the minimum equipment list (MMEL).
- The results of these types of analyses provide the following main objectives when developing the aviation equipment:
- Evaluation of the reliability and safety level of engineered systems.
- Development of evidential documentation for compliance with certification requirements on fail-safe feature.
- Preparing recommendations on actions by the flight crew in complex situations and emergency
(special cases) in flight to be included to the corresponding section of the AEROPLANE FLIGHT MANUAL.
- Evaluation of the level of testability and identification of category of types of failures,
hidden from the flight crew.
- Conducting works on choice of methods of technical operation and the structure of maintenance works (MSG-3)
within the certification works of the Maintenance Board (MRB).
- Development of minimum equipment lists (MMEL).
- Preparing data for formation of database for analysis of logistical support, in terms of data on reliability,
testability, analysis by MSG-3, MMEL.
However, the proposals to develop the functionality of PTK FANAT contain the wish to develop and
include into the software product FANAT the function of forming the accounting documents by types of worksheets
in accordance with GOST 27.310-95 (similar to MIL-STD-1629A) on conducting FMEA/FMECA. This is largely due to the fact that foreign
partners and customers got used to the form of conducting safety analysis in accordance with ARP 4761. This document provides
performance of evaluation of safety of the system (SSA-System safety assessment) based on the results of several other works,
including FMEA/FMECA. Having analyzed the technology of works by ARP 4761 we came to the conclusion that the relevant documents
may be obtained within PTK FANAT in report generation mode without changing the technology of work on conducting
analysis of functional failures. The relevant functions will be included into the next version of PTK FANAT.
In this regard, the decision was made to update another product of JSC Programmprom - the ISSDE system (Integrated System
of Service Data Collection). ISSDE enables collaboration in collection and analysis of operational data of all
participants in the process of maintaining the airworthiness of aircraft (developer of aircraft, operator, developers of
components, repair companies) within united information space. The essence of update is to include into ISSDE
the FRACAS function (generating of reports on reliability and tracking events). Thus, PTK FANAT with
the function of generating reports in accordance with ARP 4761 and ISSDE with the FRACAS function provide
conducting analysis of reliability and safety of aircraft in accordance with domestic and foreign practice.
PTK FANAT has the following advantages over products of the firms ALD (Israel),
Relex (United States), ReliaSoft (United States) and others, represented in the global and domestic markets and used for
the above purposes:
- Integrated solution of specified tasks within a single product.
- Clear interface, not requiring specialized knowledge of designer.
- Ongoing support and maintenance.
- Use of the 50-year-old domestic experience of works on reliability and safety of flight.
- Labour intensity of performance of works and formation of required documents in the 6-8 times less.
- Significantly lower cost in comparable configurations.
PTK FANAT is intended for design engineers of aircraft and its systems. Its interface operates
by natural concepts for them. But, of course, for the effective work special training is required. With this purpose
the training centre of JSC Programmprom conducts demonstration of capabilities of PTK FANAT and training to work
FANAT Light functionality corresponds to typical marketed products for the analysis of
reliability and safety of flight, that are non model oriented (modelbased), i.e. the formation of the trees of failures (FTA)
based on the types of failures of system components (FMEA/FMES).
However, there are important differences. FTA are automatically generated basing on logical equations,
for the development of which FANAT Light contains the convenient means of automation. Thus, for a user in addition to
the trees of failures the logical equations remain. The logical equations are useful by themselves in many applications,
including analysis of logistics support of products.
In addition, the logical equations of FANAT Light are easily adjusted and, therefore, the trees of
failures are automatically adjusted. FANAT Light functionality makes it simple and convenient tool for prototyping
of fail-safe analysis and quick analysis of build options (architecture) of the system.
FANAT Light is a flexible instrument and is tuned to a particular user, with regard to import
of the source data and export of the results. The cost of FANAT Light is significantly lower than the cost of
products with comparable functionality on the market.
In our view FANAT Light may be interesting for many developers of component parts of end products
- as a tool to prepare in a short time the necessary reports, containing the FMEA/FMES + FTA and analysis of functional failures;
- as a tool for a quick comparative analysis of options of developing system architecture.